Submission Guidelines 2022
Gallery Players is seeking plays for its 25th Annual Black Box New Play Festival to be held online February 2022. Each play selected will be given a virtual production with non-Equity actors. Playwrights must be available via Zoom or some other virtual venue for rehearsals and use this as an opportunity to continue work on their play.
We are specifically seeking plays from the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Color) playwriting community.
- Plays must be written to be performed via Zoom. The play can either be written expressly for a Zoom presentation, or must be adaptable to a Zoom format.
- Plays must be un-produced (readings are OK); must be the play’s world premiere
- Length of play: 10 minutes. No monologues. No period costume pieces.
- You may submit no more than two (2) plays
- Pages must be numbered
- A cover page with title of the play and playwright’s contact information is required, along with a plot synopsis of the play and a character breakdown
- Playwrights cannot direct their own work
Black Box New Play Festival
199 14th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11215
We will only contact you if your play has been accepted into the festival. If you want confirmation that your mailing was received, please include a self-addressed stamped return postcard.
We do not accept emailed submissions.
We do not return scripts. Any scripts not chosen for the Festival will be destroyed to protect the copyright.