Sunday, May 19 from 4-7PM
Tuesday, May 21 and Wednesday, May 22 from 7-9PM
The Gallery Players in Park Slope is holding auditions for its upcoming AEA showcase production (approval pending) of THE TEMPEST by William Shakespeare (July 13 – 28, 2019). Director, James Dean Palmer. Producer, Dominic Cuskern.
THE TEMPEST is a story of shipwreck and magic; Shakespeare’s classic about young love, old enemies and the eternal enchantment of storytelling. Performances run July 13th – 28th (Thursday – Saturday nights, and Saturday and Sunday matinees). Rehearsals start June 8th and take place evenings and weekends. All auditions, rehearsals, and performances will take place at the Gallery Players, 199 14th Street, Brooklyn. Equity/Non-Equity. No pay. We encourage all ethnicities, races, and gender non-conforming performers to attend.
- PROSPERO: Male, 50-65. A father who would do anything for his daughter. He is off the charts intelligent, but his passion for studying left him blind to those closest to him that betrayed him. Now it’s no more Mr. Nice Guy. Imagine an older Benedict Cumberbatch having a really bad day.
- MIRANDA: Female, 18-30. She has grown up in the harshest of environments. Fiercely loyal; insatiably curious. Think Letitia Wright without all of the Wakanda advanced technology.
- SEBASTIAN: Male, 20-40. On the surface he’s the accountant you trust with your dirty books. Underneath, he’s gunning for the top job. Ken Jeong as a sabotaging vice president.
- FERDINAND: Female or Gender Non-conforming or somewhere on the gender spectrum, 20-30. She’s/They’re the child of the powerful Queen of Naples. They knew they’d inherit one day, they just never thought it would be so soon.
- GONZALO: Anywhere on the gender spectrum, 50-65. Old enough to have seen it all. Someone who can make any bad day feel great. LeVar Burton or Fred Phelps or Judith Ivey.
- TRINCULO: Male, 18-29. Sheepish and still learning about the world. Not the sharpest tool in the shed but with an intuitive understanding. A nerdy Lin Manual Miranda – pre-Hamilton.
- STEPHANO: Male, 30-50. A legend in his own mind. Dwight Shrute.
Open call auditions will be held on Sunday, May 19 from 4-7PM, Tuesday, May 21 from 7-9PM, and Wednesday, May 22 from 7-9PM
Sign-up will start 30 minutes before the start of auditions.
Please bring a resume and headshot, and prepare a one-minute verse monologue from any Shakespeare play.
- We are also seeking performers between the ages of 8 and 12 to play elves and forest creatures. Performers will need to be able to sing as there will be original choral music composed for the show.
Children’s auditions will be held by appointment at Gallery Players on Friday, May 17 from 6-10PM and Saturday, May 18 from 12-6PM. Be prepared to sing a capella and to tell a joke. All actors must be accompanied by an adult.
To reserve a slot for the children’s auditions, please email email@example.com (and include resume and headshot, if available).
Gallery Players is located at 199 14th Street in Brooklyn. Take the F, G, or R train to Fourth Avenue / 9th Street.